I call this "Super Simple 'Shine"
For the most part, if you have ever seen a Mile Hi Distilling product test, this is what you have seen!
18 lbs of Sugar
4 ounces 48 hr Turbo yeast
enough Water to give you 6.5 gallons of Wash
- Put all your sugar in a 8 gallon bucket
and fill half ways with SUPER HOT WATER. Dissolve all of your sugar. Make sure there is no sugar left in the bottom of the bucket.
- Fill the bucket up to 6.5 gallons with cold water.
- Wait till your water is 85 degrees F
- Pitch (sprinkle) 4 ounces of 48 Hr turbo yeast
over the mixture, and stir for about a minute.
- Let sit for 5-6 days
- During this time, the airlock on your bucket is going to pop all the time. When you notice it stops popping except for maybe once a minute, it's ready to be distilled
This recipe will make a sort of rum in a trditional pot still (the one that looks like a goose neck), or a vodka in a reflux still (the one that have a cooling system at the top of the tower).